Friday, October 19, 2007

I want To Thank My Baseball Buddies

I just want to give a shout out to my buds that have enjoyed baseball with me over the years (the names have been changed to protect the innocent!!!):

1. The Boy. This "Wonder Kid" and I actually took a vacation together where we went to 7 straight Newark Bear games, and sprinkled in one Yanks game. It was pure joy. We actually had the pleasure of watching and videotaping Ricky Henderson getting K'd by a 10th grader. This kid loves the Yanks and that is pure joy for a Dad. He can like any other team in sports that I dont like such as the Rangers, Knicks, etc. but the fact he loves the Yanks - it is pure Gold. Special kid with special talent. He is premiering in the Sound of Music at his prep school from 11/1 to 11/4. He plays Frederick the oldest son. I'm sure he will hit a Home Run!

2. Rodes - this fantastic guy introduced the Wonder Boy to one of his first Yanks game, on Father's Day!! We always try to continue the tradition. Rodes is a solid Baseball man and great friend. I'll never forget our trip to Chi-Town and Milwakee. We need to do another one. Thanks Pal. Rodes always remember, you're a great guy, not a good guy!!

3. Monique. Just some beautiful girl I had a fling with and went to a game with. She was possibly the hottest girl I have ever been with. I still think of her on a daily basis.

4. Weltz'y. This kid knows the facts better than me. Although he is a true Piazza fan, I don't hold it against him. He's a good friend and he should come on the next road trip with me and Rodes.

5. The Chief. This established author is one of the good guys. Just don't try to take him to a gogo bar late at night, and get lost in the process. Then you'll get his mean side. I just tried. Anyway, The Chief is the man. Cool Dude.

6. Vancouver Girl. Her name escapes me, but she introduced me to the Cubs. She was a total sexy freak, she was pretty amazing. The second time I was going to a Cubbies game, I just remembered her name - Janet (same weekend), I jumped a bus from the Sheraton at the Airport to Wrigley., Janet had to work a show. There were a bunch of drunkin' Irish guys on the bus and there was a ton of traffic. We were about 2 miles from Wrigley and it was about 100 degrees. I challenged the drunk bastards, told them I would get off the bus and run to Wrigley and beat the bus. If I did they would have to buy me a beer at the Bleachers. We'll I won and those Irish houligans stiffed me!! Never showed up at the bar. Bums!!! Danny Kaye is the best tix scalper in sports, see you at Murph's. Me and Rodes also met a dude who was cool and told us a story abut his ex, pretty funny. I was a little threatened, he may have been better looking than me - ooooppppps!

Janet was obviously impressd with me, two weeks later she flew me to so South beach for the week, all expenses paid, we played ping pong in the rain outside, it was fun. She was bi as well. TY god.

7. My Dad. Thanks Dad for getting me into Bball, especially when you never really liked the sport. You were a great Dad and a true gentleman. The Wonder Boy idolizes you for the great example you set, we're pretty lucky guys!

Anyway, enough for now.

JK

No comments: